Our policy includes the following minimum benefits on each of your insured accounts:
- Payment of the outstanding balance directly to the lender in the event of your death or permanent disability.
- Payment of the full monthly instalment for a period of up to 12 months in the event you suffer a loss of employment, through retrenchment or any other cause through no fault of your own.
- Payment of one full monthly instalment directly to the lender if you are hospitalised for a minimum period of 3 consecutive days or more.
Our policy has certain exclusions that we must make you aware of:
- This policy is only available to people who are earning an income. Please note that you will need to be able to demonstrate that you were earning an income prior to claims stage.
- Suicide is not covered if it occurs within a period of 24 months from the commencement of the policy, or where this is a replacement policy, within a period of 24 months from the commencement of the policy being replaced.
- Waiting periods are carried over from the policy being replaced. These do not start again, but continue running from where you left off on your current polices.
You will not be covered if an insured event occurs:
- On or after you refuse medical treatment.
- On or after you drive under the influence or otherwise breaking the law.
- With respect to retrenchment, you resign or accept voluntary retrenchment or redundancy despite the fact that alternative employment was offered to you.